I’ve never been a huge supporter of New Year’s Resolutions. I think they set you up to fail. I am, however, a big advocate of setting short term goals for yourself. I do this constantly: to do lists, personal tasks, long term goals. Setting goals is necessary.
I have a few goals I’d like to start (and some I’d like to end) in 2012.
- Read 12 books in 2012.
- Stop eating meat all together. Dillon and I have decided that my “last hurrah” of meat eating will be Buffalo wings. Every time I tell someone about my “last meal,” the number gets higher and higher. Last account was 100 wings. I’m going to eat 100 wings. (Reall, it’s more like 12. That’s my limit).
- Pick up my camera again. Use it. Learn to love it.
- Cut out artificial sweeteners from my diet. Limit sugar intake. (This one isn’t likely to make it).
- Learn how to cook for myself.I’m really looking forward to correcting the mistakes I made on some recent butternut squash soup (pictured below with some torn up, cold popovers I made).
- Learn how to run. This might sound silly, but anyone who knows me, knows I don’t run. I’d like to give it a chance and learn how to do it properly.
- Train my dog now to growl… All the freaking time.